Thursday, December 8, 2011

Sponsor Spotlight: Carol Creech Studios

I was first introduced to Carol Creech Studio at the 2011 Primetime Emmys Gifting Suite. We had been fellow members of The IndiExhibit for some time, but it was the first time I got to see her artwork in person.

I instantly fell in love.

Carol's artwork perfectly blends reality with whimsy. Her drawing are true to life, as close to a photograph as you can get. Yet the strokes and shading are so blended and soft that you feel as though you're looking at your dream house, not a drawing of your actual house.

About Carol: "I am an artist based in Ann Arbor, MI, and I love to draw! Although a librarian by profession, I have been an artist all of my life. Whether in pencil or pen, I enjoy rendering subjects from the natural world as well as the built environment and have a very detailed style.

In addition to drawing commissioned home and pet portraits for nearly 15 years, I discovered the fascinating world of botanical and natural science illustration and have had the opportunity to take courses through the School of Botanical Art & Illustration at Brookside Gardens in Maryland. Pen and ink, graphite pencil, and colored pencil are my favorite media with my most recent botanical works being a combination of ink and colored pencil. I feel that the crisp, delicate lines of fine ink work really help to define a plant or blossom without overpowering it.


Memberships: American Society of Botanical Artists, Guild of Natural Science Illustrators."

Not only does Carol create amazing portraits and nature drawings, she also sells her designs on Zazzle and sells fabrics on Spoonflower. With such a wide variety of merchandise and designs, there truly is something for everyone. Choose an item for the doglover in your life, the crafter, the botanical enthusiast, or even the historian in your family. Commission a home portrait for your grandparents of their childhood home.

Carol's artwork is beyond amazing, and truly appeals to everyone of all ages.

Be sure to visit Carol Creech Studio on Facebook and Twitter, and let her know Brianne's Basics sent you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Justin Bieber, Gold Price in India