Monday, February 14, 2011

Beanies For Lia's Kibbies

Yesterday I was introduced to an amazing charity, one born of love and loss. My friend Ms. MommyLebron (http://mommylebron.wordpress.com) tweeted me about Lia's Kibbies (http://liaskibbies.blogspot.com)

About Lia's Kibbies: "My husband and I lost our daughter due to preterm labor on November 16th, 2010. We grieve her loss, but also hold our hope in the God that now holds her in His arms. A great comfort for us has been the small afghan made by someone and donated to the hospital for new babies. Lia is our daughters nickname, and when I was little, blankets were "kibbies" instead of covers. So the project Lia's Kibbies was born!"

I have felt the loss of an unborn child twice in my life. I do feel her pain, literally. And I absolutely love what she's doing. They donate blankets and beanies to the NICU.

Everyone knows I make/sell beanies, then use the sales to make beanies for the troops. So I have decided to help Lia's Kibbies.

Now, for every kid beanie we sell, I'm using the sales & purchasing yarn to make beanies for Lia's Kibbies. One skein can make 6-8 baby beanies.

If you have a child in your life, please consider purchasing a kid's beanie. They make great gifts.

Thank you for your continued support!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Justin Bieber, Gold Price in India