Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Operation Gratitude Scarf #1: DONE!

I’m pretty excited that I finished my first Operation Gratitude scarf! I have it listed on my Day Zero Project list to complete 10 scarves this season. I’m well on my way!

About Operation Gratitude: Operation Gratitude annually sends 100,000 care packages filled with snacks, entertainment items and personal letters of appreciation addressed to individually named U.S. Service Members deployed in hostile regions. Our mission is to lift morale, bring a smile to a service member’s face and express to our Armed Forces the appreciation and support of the American people. Each package contains donated product valued at ~$125 and costs the organization $15 to assemble and ship. For safety and security, assembling of packages occurs at the Army National Guard armory in Van Nuys, California. Since its inception in 2003, Operation Gratitude volunteers have shipped more than 550,000 packages to American Military deployed overseas.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Justin Bieber, Gold Price in India