Tuesday, August 10, 2010

This somewhat supermommy needs your help!

The Long Beach Press Telegram Amazing Women Awards program is looking for Amazing Women to recognize in the following areas:
Arts and culture ~ Education ~ Community Service ~ Health and Wellness ~ Business ~ Family ~ Youth ~ Sports ~ Environment

And I’m actually asking you, my friends, family, and readers, to nominate, but not for reasons you may think :-)

Getting nominated, not even winning, would bring big publicity and help expand all of my charity work. I’ve donated over $500 to 15 organizations in 2010 alone. I’m a Kids Are Heroes Ambassador, HUGS Program Rep, & Bears On Patrol supporter. I’m also starting the monthly Kids Craft & Charity Corner at the Sunday Market to show kids they can be creative and crafty and volunteer. AND I’m starting the Friends Like Us HUGS Program in collaboration with the LB Depot For Creative Reuse and LB Creative, benefitting Miller Children’s Hospital.

For a mom of three, full time office manager, and someone dealing with health issues, to be able to do all of this is wonderful. Getting nominated would be HUGE because then people would pay more attention. They’d see that you don’t have to be a superwoman to be a volunteer. You can have many outside situations to deal with, AND still make an impact. People would realize even small acts help.

So I’m asking you guys to nominate me, if you’re so inclined. If I’ve helped your organization, if I’ve donated time and/or money, if I’ve inspired you, then please nominate me. If not, at least wish me luck ;-)

The url to nominate is http://www.presstelegram.com/women

They do ask for my information. If you need that, please email me at heathercrownelson {at} gmail {dot} com. (Just delete the brackets!)

I thank you in advance :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Justin Bieber, Gold Price in India