Sunday, September 12, 2010

Our 1st Party = Success!

While at the Long Beach Sunday Market, I met a mom named Robin. We had previously met online, & we discussed the possibility of me doing party favors for her daughter's birthday. She chose a very eco friendly, creative reuse themed party. Perfect!

First, I made decorated seed packets. I chose annuals, since here in So Cal every season is garden season! Each packet was trimmed with lace doilies and adorned with a fabric pink rose.

Second, I made crochet hair flowers made from "rescued" yarn, meaning remnants that were donated.

I placed those in light and dark pink organza bags, and displayed them in tin dragonfly lanterns! The framed sign explained that 50 cents from each favor was donated to CHOC Walk.

It was a hit! She loved the colors, theme, all of it!

Our first party = success!

Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.3

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Justin Bieber, Gold Price in India